Today I am sharing another favorite supplement of mine with you all…. L-Glutamine.
L-Glutamine is an amino acid (building block for proteins) that is naturally occurring in our bodies. It is produced in the muscles and distributed by the blood to the organs that need it. I use this brand and really like it. I simple add a teaspoon to my smoothie each morning after my workout. It doesn’t have a taste so it is perfect to add in a smoothie, but you could easily just mix it with water or juice.
There are SO many benefits from L-Glutamine so I will list them in bullet form to keep it easy to read!
- digestion and gut health (used for ulcers, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- depression, mood disorders, anxiety, insomnia, and irritability
- enhancing exercise performance and recovery (one of the main reasons I use it)
- improving recovery after surgeries (I like this benefit too)
- immune system support
- helps when the body is under stress
There are a LOT more uses for L-Glutamine, but these are some of the reasons I use it and love it. It is an easy add-in to my diet and I can see the benefits.
- Do you use an L-Glutamine supplement?
- What is one supplement you cannot live without?
- Do you take a multi-vitamin?