Home and Happy

Hi friends!! I sure have missed you!! Thank you so much for all the calls, messages, thoughts and prayers!  

If you haven’t heard, last Sunday night I ended up in the ER.  It is a long story so get comfy, but if you have a queasy tummy, you may just want to skip over this part. 🙂 

Last Saturday night we went out with some friends to celebrate my husband’s birthday.  When I got home I started throwing up and it didn’t stop until Monday morning.  Sunday afternoon I told my husband we had to go to the ER.  I puked out the car window all the way there.  We got straight to the front of the line because I was puking and screaming bloody murder.  It felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife in my stomach.  It was so scary and so so so painful.  It was the worst day of my life thus far (and hopefully ever).

After a TON of anti nausea and pain medication, they finally got me stable on Monday morning.  My mom and dad rushed to be by my side.  I was transferred to observation some time that night.  I had a panic attack and couldn’t feel my fingers so that whole time was just a big blur.  On Monday morning they put in a NG tube and once it was in right (the first nurse did it wrong), it suctioned out the contents of my stomach and I finally got some relief.  


On Monday afternoon I got a call from my GI doctor who I saw the previous Friday and she let me know that my test results showed I had C diff.  I wasn’t happy with this diagnosis, but grateful to have something to treat with medicine.  My mom taught my dad and husband how to play bridge and I watched.  It was a much needed distraction. 🙂


It was a VERY long week.  My mom, dad, husband, and friends took turns spending time with me so I was never alone.  I think they all slept less than I did last week.  My parents kept saying, “YOU are supposed to be taking care of US in the hospital!!!”


I got every test imaginable done while I was in the hospital.  The doctors were all pretty perplexed by my case as I didn’t have a lot of the typical symptoms of C diff.  I even had to drink barium for a special CT scan so they could see my intestines and what was going on down there.  I saw every doctor possible too from Infectious Disease to General Medicine to Gastroenterology to Surgeons.  I know I had the best team working on my case.  All the doctors and nurses at Vandy were truly amazing.  I could never do what they do.  

My sweet bestie, Lissa, stayed with me Thursday night and even braided my hair.  

Sneaking a popsicle. 🙂 


I have never seen my husband cry more than I did last week.  He and my parents were all so concerned.  He couldn’t stand seeing me in pain, which made me so so so emotional.  If this isn’t true love, I don’t know what is.  


The best part of my week was a surprise visitor in the hospital on Friday evening.  My sister flew all the way from Dallas to be by my side (despite having law school finals next week!).  I am seriously the luckiest person in the world. It was all caught on video Here!

I was clearly a little emotional ;).  My sweet girls.  Love them so so so much.  


Saturday was the best day ever.  After a few more tests that started showing some improvement in my blockages (the doctors knew it wasn’t just C diff… I have 2 blockages in my intestines and they are slowly healing), I got discharged.  Besides surgery, the best way to get rid of blockages is to rest the bowel (aka no eating or drinking) so I didn’t even have a sip of water until Wednesday.  It was rough.  I am slowly improving, but it will be a LONG healing process with a very strict diet and lots of rest.  I had never been more excited to see the sun shine.  It was a REALLY good day.  


I am at home now and so happy.  I am feeling better each day and taking it very easy.  I am hoping to be back to a somewhat normal life and schedule soon.  I can’t wait to get back to work (I know, I may be a little crazy).  

Backing up a bit to end this post on a positive note.  The Saturday before all the madness began, I headed to my mom’s pool with my little brother.  This is what this infection has done to my body.  I have lost 20lbs, but my stomach is super distended and bloated.  It has gone down a LOT since then, but we still have a ways to go.  (I promise there is not a baby in there.)

My sweet brother catching some rays. 


Then we put him to work. 😉

Such a great view. 


My mom and stepdad have a ton of beehives and make their own honey.  I got to see the process and how it is all done.  It was so neat!!


Their honey is like no other and it was cool to see it made!!!


That’s all I have for today!!! I love you guys so much!!! 


7 thoughts on “Home and Happy

  1. Oh my goodness Taylor, I am at my office and almost crying. My heart is breaking for all you have gone through and all you still are going through. I knew something was wrong as I emailed you last week as I just had a gut feeling something was not right as you have been ill for so long and you had not posted on the Blog.

    Please take good care of yourself and rest your mind/body. I am praying you will be in full recovery mode very soon. You have the best husband ever and such caring and loving family & friends surrounding you and that makes me so happy to know!

    Sending you all the best and more…

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Donna, you are the sweetest and just made me cry (happy tears). I never got your email? I will check my spam, but that is weird that I missed it!! I have another doctor appointment today so I am hoping for more answers. It has been a rough couple of months. Thank you SO much for all the thoughtful words. I WILL beat this and get back to healthy! Have a great week, Donna! xoxoxo


  2. Hi Taylor:

    Just FYI—this is the email I sent it to tefrancy@gmail.com from your contact information above. I was SO happy to read blog today that you are able to get around just a tiny bit and enjoy some time outdoors with your Mama and sissie to get coffee, but YES rest. I was not happy to hear of all the cleaning you did on Monday!!!! That’s too much for all your poor body has been through for so very long. PLEASE take good care of yourself.

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Sweet girl, I am at a loss for words! Wow, I am so so so SO sorry you are going through this. My heart breaks for you. I hate that you had to endure that pain.. gosh, I wish I could just give you a big hug.

    I just cried watching the video of your sister surprising you.

    You have a truly incredible family, and I’m glad they were all able to be there to support you.

    I pray for a full recovery for you, Taylor. You are so strong, girlie.

    Also, that honey process is so fun, and a good distraction from the craziness I bet!

    Thank you for sharing with us and being so open… please keep us posted!! ❤


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s