Hey there!! Who else is glad we have made it to Wednesday? I sure am! I’ve got a fun guest post for you today and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I don’t often accept guest posts, but when Craig approached me about the idea of gluten-free snacks, I was all in! I am a huge snacker and love hearing suggestions of new snacks to make to change things up a bit!
My name is Craig and I am an editor at CakeJournal. I spend most of my time finding every excuse test out new baking recipes. I write about everything from cake recipes to fun baking projects to vegan baking. If you can’t get a hold of me I am probably out at a restaurant or in the
5 Gluten-Free Snacks
Snacking while following a gluten free diet provides the opportunity to experience new flavors and ingredients! It does not have to be boring or complicated. These five snacks will be sure to satisfy your cravings.
If you are craving a sophisticated snack, whip up this smoked oyster spread. The cayenne pepper gives it a flavorful kick. Spread it on cucumber slices or crackers.
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 can smoked oysters
1 tsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Serve the oyster spread on seed crackers or chopped veggies.
Everyone occasionally craves chocolate or sweets. These almond butter chocolate energy balls won’t spike your blood sugar because they contain protein from the collagen peptides and almond butter. Or if you prefer a vegan option try this! This sugar and protein balance will fill you up and give you energy, not fatigue.
Almond Butter Chocolate Energy Balls
¾ c almond butter
1 + ¾ cup quick oats
1/3 c honey
1/3 c dark chocolate chips
¼ c chia seeds
2 tbsp collagen peptides
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond butter for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the melted almond butter. Stir until fully combined.
- Roll the almond butter dough into 24 tablespoon-sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the balls for 30 minutes, and enjoy!
Fat with a snack is the most satiating. Since avocados are a great source of healthy fat, why not mash them into guacamole? This Chunky Mexican Guacamole has fantastic spicy and tangy flavors. Dip into it with any kind of chip – plantain chip, corn chip, or root vegetable chip. It’s even amazing along with some veggie sticks.
Chunky Mexican Guacamole with Plantain Chips
1 large avocado
¼ c chopped cilantro
1 small jalapeno, minced
¼ red onion, chopped
½ tsp sea salt
Juice of one lime
- Mash the avocado until chunky. Mix in the remaining ingredients and sprinkle with extra cilantro.
- Serve the guacamole with plantain chips or tortilla chips.
This spicy snack will wake you up during an afternoon slump! These crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings are excellent dipped in a creamy ranch dressing. Having these wings prepared ahead of time makes snacking even easier. Simply heat them up in a skillet over medium heat in order to keep their crispy texture.
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Ranch Dressing
3 pounds chicken wings
1 tbsp arrowroot starch
1 ½ tsp sea salt, divided
1/3 c coconut oil
½ c hot sauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 250℉.
- Toss the chicken wings with arrowroot starch and one teaspoon of sea salt.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer on a cooling rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken wings and bake for 40 more minutes at 425℉, or until the wings are crispy and lightly browned.
- While the wings are baking, prepare the buffalo sauce by combining the coconut oil, hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, and remaining ½ tsp sea salt in a bowl. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Once the chicken wings have cooled, coat them with the buffalo sauce and serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
Roasted beets add such a brilliant color to any snack plate. Try these Roasted Garlicky Roots – root vegetables roasted in olive oil and fragrant garlic until crispy! You could even enjoy these roots with some Chunky Mexican Guacamole!
Roasted Garlicky Roots
2 parsnips, chopped
1 purple beet, chopped
2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Toss the vegetables with olive and garlic in a large bowl. Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
These five snacks are perfect for any time of day when hunger strikes! The Almond Butter Chocolate Energy Balls work as a grab-and-go snack when you’re on the run. Chunky Mexican Guacamole can be packed in a container along with a bag of chips for dipping. Roasted Garlicky Roots also make a wonderful cold snack while road-tripping. Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, you can enjoy healthy and delightful gluten free snacking!
How to connect with Craig:
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC04of5gPw-YIZGvL- YGXiSw