Hi friends!! Happy Wednesday! The half way point! I hope you are having a great week so far! I don’t have much going on right now (I quit my job in Dallas for our move to Nashville) so I am just doing stuff around the house and making last minute doctors appointments, etc. Trying to get it all in before we move!
My mind is a little chaotic this morning so that is just what this post is going to be. I have lots of things to say, in no particular order so here we go.
- I am going to dinner with girlfriends tonight and I am super excited!! We are going to one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas so I can’t wait!
- If I could do anything (money not an issue), I would open a dog shelter… attached to my house. I just love all dogs. Yesterday we went to the dog park and we got to play with the sweetest pups. My dogs think I take them to the dog park for their amusement… well, it is also for mine. My little doggie Riley is sleeping on my lap as I type this and I could just cry thinking about how sweet he is. Dogs just want to be loved (and fed!) and their love is so unconditional. I could go on and on and on…How funny is picture of Riley and Cora at my feet while I was cooking lunch yesterday?
3. Remember when I told you I was in Nashville a few weeks ago getting ready for our move? Well I had two job interviews while I was there. I actually got an offer from both of the different companies, but ultimately settled on one last week! I am really excited for this new job as it will take me out of my comfort zone doing something completely different than health coaching. While I love health coaching, I just couldn’t turn down this new opportunity!
4. Sober January is… well, sober. 🙂 The first week on my challenge with eating new foods, doing new workouts and giving up drinking was hard. But, it gets better. Change is so good for us and I love seeing my body adapt to new things. Stepping outside of our normal routine is good. It is nice to change it up and challenge ourselves. I think willpower is such an important quality to test. (No I will not eat all the chocolate this week!)… Did I mention I did not do so hot on my challenge over the weekend? But, hey, I am human. I mess up. I love the mindset that tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow is always a fresh start to tackle your goals. So I just move on and get back on track!
5. I am working on a post to share some of the recent books I have read. I hope you guys will share some good ones with me!
6. You know how I told you it snowed a little bit in Dallas last weekend? Well guest what? Yesterday it was 79 degrees! 79 in January! I was legitimately hot on my walk with the dogs in workout leggings. This weather is something else!
Okay, that is enough rambling for today. I will see you all tomorrow! Have a wonderful Wednesday! I’ll leave you with this sweet picture of the pups… because I know I haven’t shown you enough pictures of them lately… 😉
- Tell me something random that is on your mind today!
- Do you like your current job?
- If you went to college, what was your major?