Hi guys!! Happy Friday!! yay! This week has been a long one and I am so happy it is finally Friday!! How was your week?
I have been so busy running around like crazy getting ready for our upcoming trip tomorrow so I apologize for the lack of posting yesterday. Today’s post will be organized in groups of 5! Here we go!
Five Things Making Me Happy
- Target sales! Yesterday I stopped by Target to get a new hat for our upcoming trip and ofcourse, ended up buying a lot more stuff. Target is having BOGO 50% on shoes… and my favorite nice sandals are on their last leg so I purchased 2 new pairs! (forgot to snap a picture).
- My puppies. They love to cuddle and are just the sweetest.
- My neighbor is fostering a little lab puppy mix. I played with it for 20 minutes last night and fell in love. It is like 3lbs. ahh!!
- My hubby is getting back from a work trip tonight!! He has been gone all week so it has just been me and the pups. So excited to see him!
- Going to the Caymen Islands tomorrow with our friends!!! Can’t wait!
Five Ways I Take Care of Body/Treat Myself
- Rodan & Fields skin care. I started using Rodan & Fields last year per my sister’s recommendation and have never looked back. I ran out of it for a few weeks and my skin was a mess. I have tried a lot of different skin care regimens, but nothing works for me like Rodan & Fields.
- Massages. I get a massage every once in a while, but I use my massage chair at home a few times a week. It helps my back a lot and it is so relaxing for me.
- Daily Physical Therapy at home. If you remember, I have been dealing with back/neck issues for a couple years now. I see a Pain Management doctor (I have seen every type of doctor and done every treatment from acupunture to massage to facet injections to chiropractic work to dry needling to physical therapy) regularly and he encouraged me to do Physical Therapy at home every day. I have been doing should/back exercises religiously and am really hoping it starts to make a difference soon. My left side of my back needs strengthening.
- Daily walks with my pups. As you know, I love to exercise (strength training and running), but I also love my low impact walks around our neighborhood. My pups get SO excited for our walks and I do too!
- Getting my nails done. I do not get my nails done regularly, but I like to treat myself before trips/special events. The nail salon I go to gives you free champagne and a neck/head massage. It is the best! Got this bright red yesterday!
Five Things You May Not Know About Me
1. My husband and I lived in Salt Lake City, UT for 2 years and went to Park City to ski or hike almost every weekend.
2. It has always been a dream of mine to adopt. I would love to have biological children as well, but I definitely believe everything happens for a reason. I believe every child deserves to feel loved and be loved.
3. I eat avocado at least once a day. Can’t. Get. Enough.
4. Miranda Lambert is my favorite female country artist.
5. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch. I don’t love watching sports (I like people watching better), but I really enjoy hockey games. I just love the fast pace of the games. (Go Predators!)
Five Shows I Am Loving Right Now
- Shades of Blue. One of my friends suggested this show and I have been watching a couple episodes every night. Jennifer Lopez is amazing.
- Nurse Jackie. My husband and I started watching this because we needed a new show to get into. It is good, not great.
- Scandal. Still loving this show, but will it ever end?
- Quantico. Every time I think I know who the “bad guy” is, they throw you for a complete loop! It definitely keeps me guessing!
- Real Housewives of Dallas. Okay, I lied. I am not loving this show at all. It is pretty horrible and I actually do like some of the other Real Housewives shows. I feel like I have to watch because I live in Dallas and I like seeing places they go that I know, but ugh, I just don’t love the cast. At all.
Fives Recipes I Want To Try
- Megan’s Broccoli Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl with Tahini Lemon Sauce. This is my type of meal! The more veggies, the better!
- Michele’s Deviled Avocado Egg Salad. I am loving hard boiled eggs lately. And Avocado makes everything better.
- Moncia’s Protein Muffin Bites. I love the simplicity of this recipe. These would be perfect for a quick snack on the go.
- Gina’s Prickly Pear Margarita. Need I say more? I’m feeling thirsty. 😉
- Tina’s No Bake Lemon Coconut Protein Bars. I love lemon and coconut so why not put them together in a protein-packed snack? yum!
Have a great Friday and weekend!! My goal is to check in a couple times while we are on vacation, but we will see. Just a heads up for the sporadic blogging next week.
- What is one thing making you happy today?
- What is one way you take care of your body/treat yourself?
- What is your favorite type of music? Favorite artist?