Friday is here!! Who else is doing the Friday dance with me? Woo!! My brother-in-law and father-in-law are coming to visit this weekend so it should be a good one! Although the forecast is calling for a lot of rain. 😦 Hopefully it holds off!
I have a lot of thoughts circling in my head today so in order to try to organize them, I am going to do a Five Things Friday post where I organize my thoughts in groups of 5! Here we gooooo….
5 Meals I Had This Week
- Salads with lots of fresh veggies. I usually add craisins and lots of nuts to my salads, but I am trying to eat more veggies!
2. More salads with veggies, tofu and avocado. Avocado makes everything better.
3. Veggie burgers on a salad with avocado (duh!), roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus!
4. Oatmeal with peanut butter, sliced banana, cinnamon, and honey
5. Tuna mixed with avocado and spices on top of a rice cake. So delicious.
5 Snacks I Am Loving
- Date balls. I just put dates and almonds (and some with peanut butter) in the food processor then roll into balls and coat with shredded coconut or chopped almonds. I keep them in the freezer for an easy snack during the week.
2. Fresh fruit. Currently loving raspberries and strawberries.
3. Apples. I eat at least one apple everyday. They are really good with some date balls on the side!
4. Think Thin Bars
5. Popcorn. I am obsessed.
5 Songs On Repeat Right Now
- Think of You (Chris Young and Cassadee Pope)
- I Got The Boy (Jana Kramer)
- Save It For A Rainy Day (Kenny Chesney)
- Love Yourself (Justin Bieber) … I know, it is embarrassing, but I just love this song.
- My House (Flo Rida)
5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
- You all know I love my doggies, but surprisingly, when I was younger, I was not a dog person at all. In fact, I was terrified of big dogs. Oh, how times have changed.
2. I am a homebody and would be fine not leaving the house for days.
3. I am left-handed.
4. I studied abroad in Florence, Italy and I still don’t know any Italian. This is from my apartment in Florence.
5. I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember. I was a nanny all throughout college and for 2 years after college and loved it. There were days when I said “I am never having children” but all in all, the experience made me SO excited to have my own children one day. My mom has been ready for grandchildren since the day I met Jon. 😉 This is sweet baby Charlie that I watched for 2 years.
5 Things I Am Looking Forward To
- Our trip to the Caymen Islands in May
- My best friend Rachael is visiting in May and I can’t wait!!! I have withdrawals when we go too long without seeing each other. We can sit and watch murder shows until 4am and have the best time. This is us quite a few years ago when we lived at my dad’s lakehouse for the summer and worked at the restaurant at the marina.
3.My cousin’s (Kate) bachelorette party in Dallas. There will be 10 girls staying at my house. My husband is getting the boot for the weekend. 😉
4.Visiting our friends in Boston this summer. I love Boston and Jon has never been so I am really looking forward to it!
5. A Napa getaway. My husband and I fell in love with Napa when we visited a few years ago and have been dying to go back. Since my husband travels so much for work, I got the companion pass on Southwest this year (I can go with him anywhere for free) so we are trying to make the most of it and get in a LOT of trips this year.
5 Favorite Chick Flicks
- Miss Congeniality
- Sweet Home Alabama
- Just Go With It
5 Recipes I Want To Try
- Andrea’s Granola (My mom tried it this week and LOVED it)
- Heather’s Dessert Oats
- Julie’s Peanut Butter Crunch Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Megan’s Paleo Coconut Pancakes
- Kristin’s Leek and Mushroom Rice
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and an amazing weekend!!!
- What is one thing you are looking forward to?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is one thing most people probably don’t know about you?